Yuldashev Botir Akhmatovich
PhD, associate professor
|Address:||Samarkand, Amur Temur, 18|
Educational department of the institute can supply coordinated activity of all educational units. Planning, organization and management of educational and scientific-methodical activity of the institutes, and also to carry out monitoring of the quality and effectiveness of educational process have been performed in the educational department. Essential part of the educational department’s activity is to make working educational plans, timetables of the lessons, coordination of students’ and residents and masters preparation to license examinations.
Since institute’s creation (1930) the first chief of the educational department was G.А. Аkovbyan, and then L.S. Nemtsovich. From 1935 it has been introduced position of deputy director on educational and scientific work which Professor T.S. Mnatsakanov (1938-1949) was at the head of this position. From 1957 it has been introduced position of deputy director for educational work. This position was proposed to Professor L.М. Eidling. In the different years position of vice-rector for educational work was held academician S.А. Aripov (1958-1961), Professor U.К. Vakhabova (1961-1966), professor Yusupov А.Yu. (1967-1970), Professor N.М. Kamalov (1970-1976), Professor B.Kh. Vafakulov (1977-1981), Professor Т.U. Nasritdinov (1981-1983), Professor V.Ya. Barakov (1983-1985), associate professor N.N. Dukova (1985-1991), Professor А.М. Mamadaliev (1991-1995), Professor B.S. Tursunov (1996-2005), Professor N.М. Khaitova (2005-2009), associate professor Z.B. Kurbaniyazov (2009-2015).
Teaching process in SamMI was organized due to international educational standards. The first time among institutes of high education of the Republic of Uzbekistan by the initiative SamMI rector professor А.М. Shamsiev at the institutes since 2013 it has been organized credit-module system of education which corresponds to international medical education and standards.
Distant electronic educational system moodle.sammi.uz has been introduced in the teaching process.
For the resent time educational system of the institutes moodle.sammi.uz, intranet.sammi.uz has more than 4,54 terabytes of electronic information:
• Approximately 1,5 million electronic tests;
• 35 000 information materials;
• 18 000 materials for practical lessons;
• 5000 presentations for the lections;
• More than 1000 video lections.
According to the use of the electronic resources and materials for distant electronic education SamMI is take the first place among HEI of the Republic and CIS countries.
Attestation of the graduates including standard test and practical-oriented final examination according to the international standards of world federation of medical education (WFME) has been introduced. Standardized (licensing, integrated) examination consists of two tests «Step–1» and «Step–2». Test «Step–1» is an integrated examination which carries out after 3 years of study which determines the indexes of the quality of professional components of the basic high medical education due to fundamental disciplines. «Step–2» is a part of the state attestation of the graduates of high medical institutes and reflects indexes of the quality of the professional components of full high medical education.
Requirements to the quality and knowledge level of students have been increased in credit-module system of organization of teaching process which supplies competitiveness of the graduates and prestige of Uzbekistan’s high education in the world educational area. In that case since 2017 methodic recommendation on assessment and control of educational activity of students in credit-module system of organization of teaching process has been elaborated and introduced by rector professor А.М. Shamsiev.
In accordance with the received grades due to 100-point scale students’ achievements are assessed according to the ЕСTS rating scale. It is needed for performing student’s academic mobility ЕСTS; give to the student possibility to continue the study on such discipline in the other HEI or in the other country. The assessment scale due to ECTS gives recognition, confirmation of qualification and educational components of study in high educational institutes worldwide. In HEI-s during the issue of additions to international Diploma supplement the assessment on discipline in national scale must be converted into the rate of international scale of quality of students’ achievements (ECTS).
Educational department supplies planning, organization and control of teaching process at the institute.
• Compiling timetable of the teaching lessons for the students of the 1-6 courses, summary chart of the teaching process and appraisal of the timetable of examination sessions;
• Calculation number of the students, amount of academic hours and courses for teaching year;
• Preparation of teaching plans of the specialties of high medical education;
• Calculation and matching the volume of teaching and other types of work of the teaching staff of the institute’s departments with proposal of the staff number for the teaching year;
• Accounting and analyses of the teaching work of the staff of the institute’s departments;
• Coordination of the work of the dean’s offices and departments on the planning problems, organization of teaching process, making teaching documentations regarding reports and certificates of study;
• Control of the students’ learning disciplines;
• Concordance of the chairmen of State examination commissions in the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
• Inspection, concordance of the documents and preparation of the orders on carrying out of the learning work within contract agreement on the rates of wage per hour, calculation of its implementation;
• Consultation of the citizens on the problems of transferring and reinstatement of students in the institute from the other institutes of high education;
• Calculation of the academic discrepancies in the teaching plans of the institute of high education.