Mavlyanova Zilola Farhadovna
PhD, associate professor
|Reception of citizens daily from:||8:00 till 11:00|
|Phone:||(0366) 233-34-58, + (99891) 522-93-91|
|Address:||140100, Samarkand, A.Timur str, 18|
Dean's office staff:
Deputy Dean Burkhanova G.L.;
Methodist Mukhtarova H.Ya.;
Secretary-clerk Rajabova Sh.Kh.
The faculty of advanced training and retraining of doctors is organized in the structure of the Samarkand State Medical Institute by order of the Minister of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan in September 29, 1980. The first dean of the faculty was Israel Gavrilovich Priev. Then the management of the faculty was entrusted to the PhS, professor A.M. Aslanov (1983 - 1992 yy). From 1992 till 1995, the Dean of the Faculty was PhD, Associate Professor A.A. Davidyan - he founded the Department of Therapy and was its head until 2007. In 1995 - 2008 the dean of the faculty was PhS, associate professor K.R. Dilmuradova, head of the neonatology course of the Medical Faculty. In 2008, PhD, associate professor L.R.Aghababyan was appointed to this post and worked until 2011. From 2011 till 2015 The faculty was headed by PhD, associate professor A.K. Shakhriev. From 2015 for nowadays, the dean of the faculty is PhD, associate professor Z.F. Mavlyanova.
The departments of the faculty and the faculty of advanced medical studies were reorganized into the faculty of postgraduate education according to the order of the rector of Samarkand State Medical Institute No. 326-u of 03/23/2017 in order to further improve the system of advanced training of medical workers, ensuring constant updating of their professional knowledge and practical skills in working with modern medical equipment and information technologies, effective use of the latest achievements in the field of domestic and world medicine; expanding the opportunities for advanced training and retraining of practical healthcare specialists by using the personnel potential and material and technical base of the Samarkand State Medical Institute.
The dean of the faculty of postgraduate education is guided by:
• legislative and regulatory documents governing relevant issues;
• teaching materials related to issues of its activities;
• Institute Charter;
• rules and norms of occupational health, labor regulations;
• job description of the dean of the faculty.
The normative documents that guide the faculty of postgraduate education in their activities are:
Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on May 5, 2017 No. PP-2956 “On measures for further reforming the medical education system in the Republic of Uzbekistan»;
Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on May 6, 2019 No. PP-4310 “On measures for the further development of the system of medical and pharmaceutical education and science»;
Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on December 7, 2018 No. UP-5590 “On a comprehensive measures for the radical improvement of the healthcare system of the Republic of Uzbekistan»;
Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on August 10, 2012 No. 242 “On measures to further improve the system of advanced training and retraining of senior and teaching personnel of secondary specialized, professional educational institutions»;
Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on April 04, 2017 No. 174 “On an additional measures to improve the system of advanced training and retraining of medical workers”;
State requirements for the management and organization of activities of the system of advanced training and retraining of health workers O’z DSt 3322: 2018;
Order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on June 12, 2012 No. 170 “On the approval of the nomenclatures of medical (medical) and pharmaceutical specialties and positions, the correspondence of the level of education to a filled position in the institutions of the Ministry of Health”;
Order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on July 12, 2012 No. 202 “On the terms and procedure for undergoing advanced training and retraining of doctors in the institutions of the system of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan”;
Order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on July 12, 2012 No. 204 “On a requirements for the content of training programs in the system of advanced training and retraining of medical workers and the procedure for their approval”;
The order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on July 16, 2012 No. 210 “On an approval of the procedure for the preparation, storage and issuance of certificates and certificates in the system of advanced training and retraining of medical workers”;
Order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated on November 13, 2015 No. 445 “On an amending the nomenclature of medical specialties, medical positions, dates and procedure for passing further training and specialization of physicians” model training programs and other regulatory documents.
MAIN GOALS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE FACULTY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION
The main goal of the faculty is to increase health care professionals along with the main educational programs of their professional knowledge, improve practical skills, and prepare for new job functions.
General objectives of the Faculty:
• meeting the needs of workers of the healthcare in obtaining new knowledge about the achievements of domestic and foreign medical science and technology, foreign best practices and scientific organization of labor;
• training and retraining of physicians in accordance with educational programs approved by the Ministry of Health in accordance with the established procedure, using the achievements of modern medical science and high medical technologies in the educational process;
• training in residency programs;
• advisory activities.
Special objectives of the faculty:
• development of differentiated curricula and programs, teaching materials, lectures and teaching aids for the implementation of the process of advanced training and retraining of doctors in relevant specialties;
• conducting the educational process on the basis of modern pedagogical science, the introduction of active methods and technical means of training, knowledge control;
• implementation of a comprehensive work program to strengthen disease prevention and improve public health;
• ensuring the connection of science with medical practice, timely implementation of the results of scientific research in the field of advanced medical technologies into the learning process;
• training of scientific and teaching staff in the prescribed manner;
• systematic consideration at academic councils of issues of the quality of activity, analysis, the concept of corrective and preventive actions under the guidance of the dean of the faculty, recommendations for improving learning processes;
• monitoring the quality of activities in the professions taught, discussion, analysis and actions to eliminate deficiencies (inconsistencies) and improve learning processes;
• quarterly submission to the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan of a report on the work done in the field of advanced training and retraining of doctors (the number of trained physicians in the context of specialties, regions and forms of training, registration numbers of issued certificates, etc..).
STRUCTURE AND STAFF OF THE FACULTY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION
• Department of obstetrics and gynecology with a course of neonatology
• Course of therapy and general practice
• Course of clinical laboratory diagnostics
• Department of surgery, endoscopy and anesthesiology-resuscitation
• Department of otorhinolaryngology
• Course of ophthalmology
• Course of dentistry
• Department of pediatrics and general practice
• Course of neurology and neurosurgery
• Course of infectious diseases
• Department of pediatric surgery and pediatric anesthesiology-resuscitation
• Course of social health and healthcare organization
• Course of psychiatry and suicidologists
• Course of medical radiology
• Department of general practice / family medicine
Training and retraining of the physicians is conducted in the following specialties: obstetrics and gynecology; neonatology; therapy; cardiology; anesthesiology-resuscitation; surgery; otorhinolaryngology; ophthalmology; dentistry, pediatrics; infectious diseases; neurosurgery; pediatric surgery; pediatric anesthesiology - resuscitation; valeology; healthcare organization; neurology; clinical laboratory diagnostics; general practice; ultrasound diagnostics; radiology; psychiatry and suicidology; emergency.
31 employees of the faculty staff have an academic degree and title. At the departments and courses of the faculty, international programs are used in the educational process according to the recommendations of WHO, which undoubtedly deepens the knowledge and skills of specialists. They are: “Bronchial asthma - a global strategy of the 21st century”, “Rational nutrition and treatment of anemia”, “Safe motherhood”, “Principles of breastfeeding”, “Integrated management of pregnancy and childbirth”, “National immunization program”, “Integrated management childhood diseases ”, etc. A test bank has been created at all departments and courses of the faculty for a basic, intermediate and final assessment of cadets' knowledge. At the same time, the faculty expanded the training of young specialists in clinical residency.
The staffing of the faculty is formed taking into account the volume of work performed and the structure of the faculty and approved by the rector. Employees of faculty are full-time employees of the institute or external part and carry out their activities on the basis of the concluded employment contracts with them. Employment contracts with faculty employees are concluded on the basis of the staffing list in the manner prescribed by applicable law and local acts of the institute. The teaching load of faculty teachers is set depending on their qualifications, position.
POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION FACULTY’S MANAGEMENT
The faculty is headed by a dean appointed by the rector of the institute.. The organization of the work of the faculty is carried out by the dean’s office of the faculty of postgraduate education under the leadership of the dean. The dean of the faculty, within its competence, is obliged to provide its employees with healthy and safe working conditions. The dean of the faculty reports to the rector and:
• organizes the work of the faculty, educational and methodological council of the faculty;
• with the participation of accounting staff concludes contracts with customers for professional retraining and advanced training;
• prepares orders for admission of students to the faculty, to all forms of advanced training and retraining;
• provides an opportunity for students to use the library, computer classes;
• prepares test certificates of specialists, certificates of advanced training;
• develops faculty development plans, proposals for changing the organizational structure, staffing;
• distributes the powers and responsibilities of departments and individual employees;
• represents the interests of the faculty at the academic council of the institute, meetings at various levels.
OFFICIAL OBLIGATIONS OF THE DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION
To perform the assigned functions the Dean is obliged to:
• Carry out direct management of educational and scientific activities at the faculty;
• Provide current and future planning of the faculty;
• Within the scope of rights granted him by the Rector, issue orders, directives and instructions, mandatory for teaching faculty and other employees, as well as studying at the faculty of health workers;
• Ensure the implementation of educational programs of higher education in the specialties (areas of specialties, specializations);
• Organize the development and improvement of curricula in the specialties (areas of specialties, specializations) and curricula in the academic disciplines taught at the faculty;
• Prepare suggestions for improving teaching activities and be responsible for its quality organization;
• Organize the development of the faculty training schedule and monitor its implementation;
• Supervise the educational process;
• Provide solutions to issues related to the ongoing and final certification of listeners;
• Coordinate the work of the departments for the preparation of educational publications, educational and methodological documentation for relevant academic disciplines;
• Head a faculty council;
• Study, summarize and use the positive experience of the faculties of the institution and similar in content faculties of domestic and foreign educational institutions;
• Organize certification of faculty and other faculty members;
• Monitor the implementation of internal labor regulations by employees and internal regulations of students of the faculty;
• Responsible for the results of the faculty.
RIGHTS OF THE DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION
Dean has the right to:
• Act on behalf of the faculty of the university, represent it in relations with other structural divisions of the university and other organizations on various issues;
• Submit proposals to improve the management of the university;
• Interact with the heads of all structural divisions of the university, receive documents and information necessary for the performance of official duties and rights;
• Require from the rector of the university to assist in the exercise of their rights and obligations;
• Take part in the discussion of labor protection issues submitted for consideration by meetings (conferences) of the labor collective (trade union organization).
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE FACULTY OF POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION
• The faculty has independence within the powers granted by the rector of the institute;
• The faculty keeps an operational record of the results of its activities, provides reporting in the prescribed manner and is responsible for the accuracy of the information provided;
• The faculty has the right to perform actions stipulated by applicable law and the Charter of the institute:
forms groups of listeners, taking into account the level of education and qualifications of specialists, positions held and practical experience;
prepares directions for listeners to live in a dormitory, work in the library;
oversees the development by the departments of curricula and educational programs for advanced training and professional retraining of specialists, taking into account the requirements of state educational standards and the wishes of the customer to the level of training of specialists;
carries out consideration and approval at the educational-methodical council of the faculty of curricula and educational programs of postgraduate education, professional retraining and advanced training;
issues documents relevant to the training program after the successful development of educational programs and the final qualification (certification) exam (certification);
provides annual statistical reporting to relevant departments;
prepares contracts for training, acceptance certificates of completed work, sends requests for billing to accounting.
• The faculty has the material and technical base assigned to it, is provided with modern equipment, highly qualified scientific and pedagogical staff and other specialists, classrooms, laboratories and places for listeners to live in dormitories;
• The faculty is required to have documents and records provided by the nomenclature of the institute’s affairs;
• The faculty is obliged to participate in the institute’s energy conservation program, monitor the safety of the institute’s property transferred to the faculty for use.
REQUIREMENTS OF ACCEPTANCE OF LISTENERS FOR TRAINING
Training at the faculty of postgraduate education is carried out: on a budgetary basis for planned vouchers distributed by the departments of the health of of the city hall of Samarkand, Navoi, Bukhara, Khorezm, Jizzakh, Kashkadarya, Surkhandarya regions of the Republic of Uzbekistan; on a contractual (commercial) basis at the request of the heads of medical institutions not related to the system of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan; medical institutions of non-state forms of ownership, as well as on personal applications of citizens.
Nonresident listeners are accommodated in a dormitory, where they have all the conditions for living. In order to optimize the learning process in the departments and courses are widely used modern means of training. Listeners have direct access to the Internet, during the training they use the information resource center in the main building of the institute, where the latest generation computers are located. In addition, the departments also are equipped with computers and audiovisual means for conducting a full-fledged educational process. Listeners actively use the base of handouts created at the faculty; they have at their disposal a rich electronic library of the institute.
Full-time form of education. Persons who have completed training in improvement courses are given a certificate of advanced training; on retraining cycles - specialist certificate (after passing the qualification exam). Faculty of Postgraduate Education also carries out exit cycle based on the request of the territorial health authorities of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan) both on a budgetary and contractual basis. Applications for exit cycles are sent the rector of the Samarkand State Medical Institute.
To enroll for improvements and retraining cycles must submit the following documents:
• personal statement addressed to the rector of the institute;
• voucher for the cycle (with a round seal of the medical institution and the signature of the head);
• petition of the head of a medical institution that is not related to the system of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan or non-state form of ownership;
• a copy of the diploma of completion of a higher medical educational institution, certified by the personnel department;
• a copy of employment record, certified by the personnel department of a medical institution;
• copies of the passage of primary specialization (internship, clinical residency, magistracy); postgraduate studies, training cycles, PhD (PhS) diploma;
• copy of passport - 1st page and registration;
• travel certificate;
• extract from the order from the place of work or health department on the direction of further training or specialization;
• when changing a surname – marriage certificate or other supporting documents.
Note: Diplomas obtained in higher medical institutions of foreign countries, including the former republics of the USSR, later than 1991, must be confirmed at the State Test Center under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan for compliance with the education system of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Physicians with diplomas of foreign countries and working in the medical institutions of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Uzbekistan for training for training on the budget improvement (retraining) cycles must provide proof of citizenship of the Republic of Uzbekistan